Telehealth and Healthcare App Creative Trends
Why Lemonaid Health Ads Work
- See what’s working right now for health app ad creative
- Discover user motivations for using healthcare apps
- Compare top health app creative trends
- See successful Lemonaid Health ad creative based on Facebook Ad Library and MobileAction
From telehealth access to medicine delivery, healthcare apps have transformed how we receive healthcare services. While different healthcare apps focus on specific user needs, such as mental health or prescriptions, there are universal user motivations for healthcare apps that drive their appeal among consumers broadly. Distinct from health and wellness apps that focus on lifestyle, healthcare apps can be highly regulated and require specific messaging.
Using our Ad Concept Model, we’ve analyzed creative trends and user motivations for apps that provide healthcare services. The model creates lanes for a creative team to explore while eliminating unfocused ideation that doesn’t align with target personas, motivations, or trends. Each ad concept model supports 30-50 ideas for each app category by pairing current creative trends with proven user motivations.
Telehealth and Healthcare App Creative Trends
AdRules, our proprietary SaaS platform, analyzes 3.5 million videos and is updated daily. Reviewing top competitors in a category provides a broad view of what creative is working right now and what isn’t. Consider these creative trends like fashion – they keep changing and going in and out of style. To identify creative trends, use Facebook Ad Library to see every ad currently running on their ad network. You can also use Mobile Action, SensorTower, or AppAnnie competitor libraries.
Top competitors in the telehealth and healthcare app space include Hims & Hers, Lemonaid Health, Nurx, Teladoc, MDLIVE, Talkspace, Doctor On Demand, Amwell, Telehealth by SimplePractice, Ro, One Medical, Zocdoc, 98point6, NowClinic, PlushCare.
Broad concepts and trends we see for healthcare apps include:
- App Overview: Overview of key features, combined with screenshots, reviews, and more.
- Key Feature: Focused on a single site feature and its benefit.
- Tips & Quizzes: Communicating features or benefits through advice or quizzes.
- UGC: User filmed concepts that detail features and/or benefits.
- Emotional Benefits: Leveraging emotional benefits of using apps, such as peace of mind or relaxation.
- Social Connection: Simulating social media interaction or communication (texts, posts, etc.).
- Brand: Leveraging brand message/campaign to build trust and authority.
Telehealth and Healthcare App User Motivations
Below, we’ve outlined high-level motivational triggers for a health app user. The included motivations are specific to the mobile app healthcare model itself, not a specialized healthcare category.
- Convenience: I want a streamlined way to get the care I need and navigate the healthcare system.
- Guidance/Expertise: I want proven methods of care, expert guidance, and reliable answers to health questions.
- Consistency: I want a reliable experience from a brand I can trust.
- Cost: I want to know I’m paying a fair price for site access and services.
- Emotional Triggers: I experience fears, social stigmas, or negative responses about my medical conditions and I want compassionate care.
Telehealth and Healthcare App Creative Trends x User Motivations
We map identified creative trends to user motivations within the category to develop and iterate on different concepts. In the model below, each box represents a different ad creative concept and we’ve included a sample set. Our ad concept matrix supports over 30 creative concepts for healthcare apps by pairing seven trends with five user motivations.
The proposed ad concept model acts as a foundation for an iterative creative process that can be customized and extended to develop endless ad concepts for an app, website, or service. By building a scalable infrastructure for creative ideation, we provide unique lanes for creative teams and media buyers to explore ideas. The model also acts as an archive of knowledge to ensure we are always optimizing what we’ve learned.
Test and Learn
While not all creative trends will work persuasively with each motivation, expand concepts even further by targeting specific personas within each pairing. Integrating performance data, competitive analysis, and UX, you can develop a bespoke creative strategy targeting behaviors, triggers, and preferences through individual concepts.
Optimize and Iterate
We’ve learned why it can be hard to beat your control video. But a constant stream of fresh creative concepts and smart, iterative testing means we can beat the algorithmic odds. Once you have a winner, then resize, localize, and scale.
Winning Ads for Lemonaid Health
Lemonaid Health, the telehealth company promising “refreshingly simple” online healthcare and medication delivery, is utilizing several creative trends along with specific user motivation. Below are some examples from Facebook Ad Library.
Why use an Ad Concept Model?
Consumer Acquisition’s Ad Concept Model ensures we always have new creative concepts to stay ahead of creative fatigue. We’ve designed our process so we know what works, why it works, and how to do more of it. From niche to mainstream, our Ad Concept Model means our clients get reliable top-performing creative in the most cost-efficient and scalable way.
Our industry expertise comes from managing over $3.5 billion in creative and paid social spend for the world’s largest mobile apps and performance advertisers, including Glu, Roblox, Wooga, Zynga, and Skillz. Our proprietary full-stack marketing platform AdRules provides real-time business intelligence and creative research from 3.5 million video ads across social channels.
As the mobile advertising ecosystem has evolved, we have focused on being a reliable source of mobile app industry insights and trends. Our strategic analyses of IDFA loss and media buying automation, along with tactical guidance for user acquisition and creative teams, has helped advertisers remain profitable during an unprecedented era of change. Our industry expertise has earned coverage from CNBC, Forbes, SeekingAlpha, Business Insider, VentureBeat, TechCrunch, Mobile Marketing Magazine, and many more.
Email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help you stay ahead in 2022.