Mobile App Industry Benchmarks
Ever wonder how your mobile game or app KPIs perform vs industry benchmarks? We’ve released our “Mobile App Industry Benchmarks” dashboard and it is 100% FREE. You can uncover your performance vs competitors and see KPIs like CTR, CPM, CPC, CPI, IPM, Conv%, country breakdowns, and much more. To get full access to all industry benchmarks, please register for a free AdRules account.
Week Ending Nov 15th
CCPA Compliance Impact
- California, as an overall percentage of installs, exploded from 4% to over 11% in the days leading up to the US elections. Since then, it has steadily declined to similar levels in late October. Spend % has remained stable for the past two months and sits at 7.7%
- Overall CPMs increased week over the week leading into the US elections, retreated for one week, and have since continued to increase as we enter the holiday season. CPMs on Nov 1st sat at $18.84 and now at their highest of $20.06
- CPM by Geo – Increases are being driven by the US, Canada, UK, and Germany. As expected for this time of the year, US CPMs are the highest of all measured countries, with all Geos/CPMs increasing sharply the past 7 days. All Geos, except the UK, displayed a CPM dip the first week of November and rising since.
- Casual Games: $27.17 – up 45.6% from $18.65
- CPM in the casual genre has increased at a much higher rate than any other genre over the past two weeks; an eye-watering rate of 45%.
- Simulation Games: $27.63 – up 38.8% from $19.90
- Currently at the highest point since early July and vying with Adventure and Casual genres for the highest CPM.
- Adventure Games: $27.90 – down 9.3% from $30.77
- Peaked the week of Nov 1. and although down the past two weeks, Adventure remains the highest CPM genre of all categories.
- Word Games: $11.76 – down 7.3% from $12.68
- Word Games peaked the week of October 11th and trended downwards until hitting bottom on Nov 8th. Now slightly rebounding from that low, but still among the least expensive of all genres.
- Puzzle Games: $18.55 – flat from $18.55
- Puzzles have enjoyed a steady CPM drop since mid-September, hitting a low on Nov 8th and just slightly curling back up this week to equal the CPM recording on Nov 1st.
- Card Games: $5.59 – up 3.9% from $5.38
- Peaking Sep 13th at over $9, then retreating to $4.25 Oct 25th, Card games have tracked upwards to $5.59 but remain far and away, the lowest CPM of all genres.
- CTR has been extremely volatile the past two weeks moving from 0.91% to 0.82% then back to 0.92% week over week. The u-shaped trend was observed across geos, except Spain, which steadily climbed from 1.1% to 1.2% to 1.3% week over week.
- Overall, CPI has been steady the past 3 weeks until the past 7 days where increasing holiday CPMs are starting to overpower CTR driving a 14.4% CPI increase.