Ever wonder how your mobile game or app KPIs perform vs industry benchmarks? We’ve released our “Mobile App Industry Benchmarks” dashboard and it is 100% FREE. You can uncover your performance vs competitors and see KPIs like CTR, CPM, CPC, CPI, IPM, Conv%, country breakdowns, and much more.
Mobile App Industry Benchmarks
Week of July 6th Highlights:
- CCPA Compliance Impact
- Starting July 1, 2020, for some networks, there was a significant global reduction in % of installs being tracked from California from 5.32% contribution down to 0.24% and a corresponding drop in the % of spend from California from 6.43% down to 0.24%. Do these CCPA compliance challenges foreshadow an IDFA Armageddon with iOS 14?
- Q2 CPMs Spike To Close The Quarter
- If you broaden the time frame on the graphs below, you’ll see that March CPMs have almost fully recovered from a high back in February of $18.04, they plunged down due to COVID-19 impacts to $10.17 and now back up to $16.97 as we close out Q2, 2020.
- CPM By Genre
- 97% Pre-COVID levels
- 68% Dropping to a low during the first two weeks of April
- 93% Recovered up to end Q2
- 87%, Down a bit as we start July, we believe this may be related to CCPA compliance hurdles
- $15.71 blended CPI as of March 8, 2020
- $7.20 dropped to a low around March 22, 2020
- $11.81 CPIs have recovered but still has a ways to go to fully get back to pre-COVID number
CCPA Impact – California vs Total US
Across Gaming Categories – CPM
Across Country Tiers – CPM
- We are trying to do our part to make work from home a little easier by offering free access to 500,000 competitive videos and KPI benchmarks through our AdRules platform (offer good through September 30, 2020 restrictions apply).
- Facebook Creative Testing: Why is the control video is so difficult to beat? Check out our funny explainer video and whitepaper: Creative Testing: Video, Creative Testing: Whitepaper