- Check out what’s working right now for fashion and style simulation ad creative
- Discover user motivations for fashion and style simulation games
- Compare top fashion and style simulation game creative trends
- Get the breakdown on successful Super Stylist ad creative
Fashion & Style Simulation Games: Why Super Stylist Ads Work
From revenge makeovers to pets and parties, fashion and style simulation games pump up the beauty, drama, and personal connection for gamers. We analyzed the best-performing fashion and style simulation game ads based on MobileAction data. The strongest ads in this category are simple, quick, and funny. Dramatic and relatable relationship stories stand out. Letting the viewer feel like they’re making gameplay choices through real or augmented mechanics motivates engagement. And to combat the negative impacts of IDFA loss and the erosion of lookalike audience targeting player motivation matters. Whether we call it motivation-led, profile-based, or persona-led creative, Facebook says this approach to user acquisition is a “future-proof solution.”
With IDFA loss rendering A/B or multivariate creative testing useless, tailoring creative to different player motivations is the most efficient lever for sustained profitable user acquisition. To better understand why people hit that install button, our creative learning agenda incorporates intensive research into game genre, personas, and user motivations as well as understanding what ads our target users are responding to in other markets.
Here are ad creative trends we’re seeing for fashion and style simulation games:
- Choosing what’s next from the player POV to direct narrative while interacting with the game’s characters
- Fashion and style challenges
- Using social media or texting to convey the narrative or primary message
- Character focus using countdowns, origin stories
- Vignettes featuring short character scenarios or stories
- Achievement opportunities like level progression and mastery of a game
- Success vs. Fail gameplay contrasting experienced and amateur players
Why these trends work:
By analyzing high-performing ads through the lens of player motivations, we can break down why specific ads appeal to different audiences.
- Choosing what’s next appeals to self-expression, progression, and escapism
- Fashion and design challenges appeal to self-expression and escapism
- Using social media or texting appeals to social connection
- Focusing on character stories and vignettes appeal to discovery, relaxation, and escapism
- Achievement opportunities and Success vs. Fail gameplay appeals to expertise, power, and progression
Why Super Stylist Ads Work
Top-25 RPG Super Stylist is a fashion story game that earned 2 million downloads in August 2021 and over 50 million downloads since its 2019 release, according to Sensor Tower. Through Mobile Action, we can see how Super Stylist’s high-performing ads make the most of popular creative trends for fashion story games.
Featured creative trends:
- Relatable character vignette: The main character prepares cocktails for a party and when her friends arrive early, she must get appropriately dressed
- Social/text overlay: text helps the story progress and reminds players of social interaction
- Player choice: choosing makeup, hair, and outfits allows for self-expression and decision-making
- Challenge and mastery: showing the countdown timer and fluctuating success triggers sparks a desire for mastery and achievement
- “Fail” gameplay: The final cumulative outfit decision is ultimately unsuccessful providing an opportunity for the player to do better
Creative Concepts for Fashion & Style Games
Create ads based on choosing what’s next:
- Use diverse characters and situations
- Offer multiple quick choices
- Use popular themes like jealousy, cheating, hooking up, fantasy, and revenge makeovers
Insert player into the narrative:
- Have character interact directly with the player
- Use meters to rate player responses
- Feature simple situations, not complex narratives
- Use popular themes like what to wear, hooking up, fantasy, and revenge makeovers
Fashion & Style Challenges:
- Event-based fashion choices like what to wear on a date
- Revenge-based makeovers from being rejected by a character
- Male makeovers based on rejection or aspiration
- Self-acceptance makeovers rejecting perfection in favor of body positivity
- Design a perfect date by choosing the right movie, food, etc.
- Hyper-customization including avatar skin tone, facial features, room design, etc.
Feature gameplay with emoji overlays and talk bubbles to communicate emotions:
- Humanizes and adds humor
- Showcases game graphics
- Appeals to players motivated by community, being on a team, interacting, fantasy, and surprises
Create side-by-side videos of good (Pro) versus bad (Noob) gameplay:
- Shows the challenges
- Highlights both “wins” and “fails”
Create gameplay videos that explain the experience in detail:
- Detail benefits of playing (customization, escapism, social connection)
- Explore live-action to differentiate from category
- Feature influencers or players discussing the game
- Explore CG concepts to differentiate from category
Why trust our UA and creative recommendations?
- Founded in 2013, we are a technology-enabled marketing services company and creative studio that has managed over $3 billion in creative and social ad spend for the world’s largest mobile apps and performance advertisers.
- We provide end-to-end creative and user acquisition services for mobile app marketers via performance-oriented creative storytelling, integrated UA, and creative optimization.
- We provide game-changing results driven by quantitative optimization and a relentless focus on increasing your net profit driven by client-specific, creative learning agendas.
- Clients we’ve helped grow: Roblox, Glu Mobile, Disney, SuperHuman, Rovio, Jam City, Wooga, NBA, MLB, Ford, Sun Basket, Lion Studios, MobilityWare, and many others.
Want better results from UA?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our creative work:
- Rovio: Angry Birds CA+ Commercial
- Summer Gaming Reel
- Match 3 Reel
- Hypercasual Reel
- Social Casino Reel
- Hidden Object Reel
- RPG Reel
- UGC Reel
- Romance Apps Reel
- Devsisters CookieRun Reel
- GramGames Merge Dragons Reel
- Raid Shadow Legends Reel
- Games24x7 Reel
- Good Game Studios Big Farm Reel
- Miniclip Golf Battle Reel
- Gameloft Overdrive City Reel
- WildLife Studios Sniper 3D Reel
- MyTona Seekers Notes Reel
- Sports Reel
- Sports Creative Strategy
- TikTok Creative Strategy
- Match 3
- Hypercasual Games
- Casual RPG
- Casino Games
- Card Games
- Simulation Games
- Hidden Objects
- Romance Games