Facebook Automated App Ads are built on powerful machine learning, designed for today’s advertisers. Facebook launched Automated App Ads in the Fall of 2020 to solve some of the complex challenges advertisers may face when launching and growing their apps and games.
Automated App Ads can be used by businesses of all sizes who want to grow their apps and games through greater scale and sustained ad performance. These ads can help drive more of the results they value and streamline campaign and creative management.
How are Facebook Automated App Ads different from other Facebook ad products?
Automated App Ads uses a simplified structure to prevent audience overlap and reduce the number of campaigns to get results: one campaign, one ad set, one ad. A streamlined campaign creation with fewer inputs means campaigns can launch faster.
Facebook’s goal with Automated App Ads is to take the guesswork out of Facebook advertising. Advertisers can identify a goal, and then Automated App Ads will help create and manage the ads in the following ways:
- Multiple versions of an ad: Create up to 6 different versions of an ad. Facebook will suggest call-to-action buttons, text, and other creative details based on information from an advertiser’s Page. Once the ad is active for some time, it will automatically show the best-performing version.
- Tailored audience suggestions: They’ll provide some audience options based on information from an advertiser’s Page. Facebook may also provide an automatic audience option that is customized to a business. Facebook creates and improves automatic audiences from a combination of details, like people near a business location or people who have interests related to a Page.
- The recommended budget that generates results: Facebook will recommend a budget most likely to get results based on a goal. Advertisers can also provide their own budget and they’ll share the estimated results that can be expected.
- Timely notifications about ads: Advertisers will receive notifications on how ads are performing and ways to improve. These may include suggested changes like refreshing an image or knowing when an ad starts generating results like a lead or sale.
How do I create Facebook Ads?
You can create Facebook ads through Ads Manager or a Facebook Marketing Partner, like us, who can help you build and optimize your ads as well as measure their success. You can also follow these steps.
Steps to Creating Facebook Automatic App Ads
1. Go to your Facebook Page.
2. Click Promote. You can find it at the top of your page.
3. Select Get Started with Automated Ads.
4. Click Get Started.
5. Give Facebook details about your business and customers by answering the questions that appear in the quiz.
6. Click Next after each question until you reach the Choose Your Plan section. Facebook will recommend a plan, but you may also see an alternative option. Select the plan you would prefer.
7. Fill in the details of your Automated Ads, including:
- Ad Creative: Provide an image, headline, and text for your ad. We may suggest some of these details with information from your Page. You can create up to 6 versions of your ad. Note: Depending on your plan, you may also be able to select a call-to-action button, provide a URL or create a form to request leads.
- Audience: Choose a recommended audience or create a new audience based on specific traits. We also customize to your business by providing an automatic audience option. Facebook creates and improves your automatic audience from a combination of details, like people near your business location or people who have interests related to your Page.
- Daily Budget: We’ll recommend a budget most likely to get you results based on your plan, but you can also provide a custom budget.
- Payment Method: Review your payment method. If you need to, you can change or update your payment method.
Note: Automated Ads run continuously to learn what performs better for your plan. You will not be able to set an end date, but you can pause or delete your Automated Ads at any time.
8. Click Promote Now when you are done.
Check Out Our Blockbuster Creative!
Our Take on Facebook Automated App Ads
While Facebook’s Automated App Ads is still new, we’ve found that the full rollout of this ad’s product represents an opportunity for buyers savvy enough to develop a successful strategy early in its life. Unlike Google’s AC, for now, Facebook’s standard auction buying still exists and can thrive alongside Facebook Automated App Ads campaigns. Formulating a tandem strategy for Facebook Automated App Ads and standard “business as usual” campaigns is key for 2020 and 2021, with several important layers to consider. Learn about these considerations in our recent blog post here.