We are not here to replace internal marketing teams—we are here to support them. Learn how you can work with us.
How to Work with Consumer Acquisition and CA+
From user acquisition to creative strategy and production, we are here to augment your work. We support companies in building or running internal marketing and creative teams. Our goal is to help teams run at peak efficiency. Consumer Acquisition’s core value is to benchmark these internal teams by:
- Validating performance
- Increasing intensity
- Expanding creative testing abilities
- Gathering new ideas
- Sharing best practices
Why Internal Marketing Teams are Important
We believe internal marketing teams should be a core competency for all companies. This team is crucial to maintaining the highest possible net profit. In fact, we have also seen the tremendous strategic value in benchmarking internal teams:
- Management can verify they have a great team; they do not have to lose focus wondering if they could do better.
- Competition increases within internal teams, but in a way that builds better performance and encourages the sharing of best practices.
- The internal team (and the external team) can develop new ideas quickly and build on each other’s work—both for media buying as well as a creative strategy. This reduces tunnel vision, keeps ad creative fresh, and keeps the ad performance up.
Who We Work With?
We’ve managed over $3 billion of social advertising on Facebook, Google App Campaigns, Instagram, TikTok, Snap, and Apple Search Ads for the world’s largest mobile games and apps, helping them maximize profitability from mobile app installs and lead generation.
As direct response marketers, our clients are typically interested in metrics such as return on ad spend, average revenue per user/unit, net profit, cost-per-subscriber, and similar KPIs.
You can see a partial list of the companies we work with here.
What We Do for Clients
Creative Services with CA+
You can get support with both video and image ad strategy and full post-production via our CA+ Creative Studio. CA+ provides creative for all purposes – from integrated brand campaigns to individual asset creation at high volume and scale – for TV, OTT, DOOH, Facebook, Google, YouTube, TikTok, Snap, Apple Search AdsWeb, and more. These services include:
- Video Production
- Full Post-Production Services
- 3D-Computer Animation
- Gameplay Capture (Unity & Unreal Engine)
- AppStore Icon & Video Design and A/B Testing
- Illustration Asset Creation
On average, there is a 95% failure rate for new creative. This means only 1 out of 20 videos will become a winner. This results in a lot of non-performing spend on media testing. So, focusing on a data-driven, quantitative creative testing process is most effective and productive. Data enables us to understand what is working and what’s not and use that data to guide our creative process. This will ultimately save you media dollars and time.
Every production at CA+ includes transparent pricing, and there are multiple options for our pricing models.
For video production services, the budget presented is actual costs, plus 15%. Additionally, CA+ will credit to the next month when coming in under budget. And we will cover any costs that exceed the client budget. After every shoot, CA+ will also provide clients with a detailed accounting statement, timecards, or receipt copies to confirm the spend.
For video editing and animation, we offer a month-to-month or a two-month agreement. In both cases, there is no fee for the tool, just a per-unit cost for the creative. The flat-rate minimum per month is $5,000 (you get four videos per month), as well as discounts for three-month agreements or high-volume video creation. We also offer a $99 Video Ad promotion for your first video, so you can test us out before jumping in. All these videos and image concepts that we design are made for you. This means you have the right to use this ad creative however you want, whenever you want. Additionally, we can provide resizing services for ad creative.
Managed Services for Social Advertisers of All Sizes
Our managed services bundle together media buying, creative development and testing, reporting, and ultimately, campaign execution. These services are meant for companies looking to scale their direct response advertising on Facebook, Google App Campaigns, Instagram, TikTok, Snap, and Apple Search Ads.
Self-Service SaaS Tool for Media Buying
Our self-service ad buying and creative automation tool for Google App Campaigns, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snap, and Apple Search Ads focus on three things:
- Workflow automation
- Ad building and reporting
- Creative analytics
- The fee for this service is 0.7% of spend, with a maximum of $15,000 per month. If you spend less than $50,000 per month on Facebook, Google App Campaigns, Instagram, TikTok, Snap, and Apple Search Ads across accounts, it is free.
How to Work with Us?
We offer three different tiers of managed services:
- Fully Managed Services: Social advertiser spending is less than $100,000 per month with many creative demands. The fees for this are 15% of spend or $15,000/month, whichever amount is greater. The term is 90 days for unlimited video and image production. We also offer discounts if spend exceeds $100,000 a month.
- Managed SMB: Designed for social advertisers who spend less than $50,000 per month. This helps those seeking guidance with user acquisition and creative production. Our fees are 15% of spend or $15,000/month, whichever is greater. But we also offer discounts if spend exceeds $100,000 per month. The term is 90 days, and we bundle unlimited video and image production. This is necessary to achieve and sustain scale. In addition, any additional creative is available for an incremental fee.
- Managed Startup: This tier is designed for true startups who need to get their ads working on Facebook and are spending up to $25,000 per month. So, if you are looking for a quick 30-day test to experiment with Facebook ads, this is the plan for you. We use your creative and then cut our usual rates for creative by 50% for the first ten videos.
How We Work
Based on how involved the creative team would like to be in the process, we create a customized strategy for each client. A typical engagement would include the following:
Creative Strategy Development
We begin by auditing your existing primary account(s). Then, based on your creative history, we put together a strategy. Also, this considers the number of videos requested and the available budget for testing.
Transparency in All Communication
We believe in 100% transparency in all communications. So, this means we share all our ideas, strategies, and the brainstorming concepts that shape them, all our tests, and all performance reports with the client to create the best possible plan of action.
Your “Creative History” and “Media Buying History” Documents
We document all creative testing and share the results with clients. As a result, they have a roadmap of everything that is worked or not worked. We create documents like this for all creative development and testing. We also create them for all our media buys and audience targeting. Clients own this document and are free to keep it with them.
Daily and Weekly Communications
We also make sure to conduct calls on a weekly or biweekly basis. This is where we share what we have done in the past week. We also discuss strategies and tactics for the coming week. These calls help clients to stay on track. But they also help us gain insights into clients’ priorities, as well as any strategy changes or other shifts that may affect the performance of their ads. For intraday communications, we use Slack channels so clients can reach us instantly.
Creative Reviews and Approvals
Our Creative Studio includes a Trello-like interface, where the client can review creative throughout the course of its development. This makes it simple to see what is being done and allows for easy reviews of creative.
We know how critical it is to make creative reviews as simple as possible. We work with several companies that have intellectual property holders, like television shows, feature films, celebrities, or athletes. So, there are often many outside sources who need to access creative and give feedback and approval. Our system is designed to gather comments and feedback. This way, reviews are centralized, and approvals are as efficient as possible.
Of course, having all this in one interface also keeps it out of email. Every evolution of creative and piece of feedback is easy to see, track, and archive as development moves forward.
Fully Managed “Bake-Offs”
It is easy to get stuck in a rut with direct response creative. One of the things we do to minimize this is with agency “bake-offs”. These are head-to-head competitions where we benchmark your internal team’s performance or complement their work with new ideas. The idea is to help improve performance for both media buying and creative concepts and variations.
We have conducted more than 60 competitions like this—and have not lost one yet.
So why a bake-off?
- Creative Sharing: The best creative and UA practices will be shared and documented. Everything we learn is shared with you.
- Fresh Concepts & Strategies: Generate fresh creative concepts and new media buying strategies. Your ad creative may begin to go a bit stale. But you must preserve ad performance. So, a bake-off is a way to gather these fresh creative concepts and new variations.
- Variation Creation: New variations can be created based on winning concepts and high-performing competitors reduce non-converting spend.
Here is how we conduct our bake-offs:
- The length of each bake-off is 30 calendar days.
- Each partner (us and your internal team) gets $50,000 to $100,000 of budget.
- Each team needs to spend two-thirds of its budget on iOS and one-third on Android or they automatically lose.
- Mobile app engagement ads are not allowed during a bake-off.
- Each team begins with a fresh account at the same time—presenting no account history bias.
- Audiences are split 50/50 between teams—which Facebook can set up.
- Each team starts with the same seed creative as well as the same audiences.
- Once the first day has passed, teams do not share creative, audiences, or account access.
- Metrics are shared every Tuesday and Friday.
- Performance is measured by net profit—with our fees included in that calculation.
- The winner is ultimately determined by the account with the highest net profit.
Check Out Our Work
$150 million in monthly ad spend provides us a broad view into creative and UA trends. Specifically across Facebook, Google, Instagram, TikTok, Snap, and Apple Search Ads. This enables us to cost-effectively benchmark and improves the financial performance from user acquisition.