Facebook offers mobile app marketers both high volume and high-quality sources of advertising traffic through App Install Ads. These ads allow users to install your app directly from your ad. Based on where your ad appears, any original content may be added to, dropped, or modified during the ad serving process. Facebook App Install Ads do this to help make sure that users get a great experience from your ad, no matter when and where they see it.
Here’s how you can get started creating a Facebook App Install Ad Campaign for your next mobile app or game launch: You can create mobile app ads through Ads Manager or a Facebook Marketing Partner, like us, who can help you build and optimize your ads as well as to measure their success.
1. Make sure you’re logged into an ad account that has the right permissions to run an app ad.
2. Select Create Ad from the top right corner of Ads Manager.
3. Select your objective.
4. Select your app from the drop-down menu under the App section.
Note: You have to register the app for it to appear in the drop-down menu. Facebook recommends that you always register an app before running ads for it, but you can still run ads for unregistered apps simply by entering the URL to the App Store or Google Play store.
5. Choose your target audience in the Audience section of the Ad Set level. Learn more about targeting your ads to audiences.
6. Set your budget and choose when your ad will run under the Budget & Schedule section at the Ad Set level. Learn more about how Facebook spends your budget.
7. Under the Show Advanced Options section, choose your bidding type.
8. Click Next to finish with the Ad Set level.
9. At the Ad level, choose the creative format for your ad.
You can choose from 3 different ad formats to showcase your ad’s creative. A carousel, single image or video or collection. Learn more about creative formats.
10. Connect a Facebook Page and Instagram account to your ad, choose a headline and write in your ad copy. You can preview your changes on the right-hand side.
11. Click Confirm to finalize your ad.
All finalized ads go through a review process to ensure they adhere to Facebook’s Advertising Policies. If approved, your ad will start delivering on the dates you specified above. You can monitor the progress of your ad’s review in Ads Manager.
Facebook’s App Install Ads do take some campaign management tasks away from user acquisition managers, but there are still many areas within your control that can be optimized.
Here’s a list of best practices for optimizing App Install Ads, based on what’s working now for our clients.
For a more in-depth review of Facebook App Install Ad best practices, see our 2020 Definitive Guide Of Facebook Ads Creative Strategy, Creative Testing and Launching New Games.
Facebook App Install Ads are one of the best tools a user acquisition manager has for growing a user base and monetizing it. If you aren’t squeezing every drop of opportunity out of App Install Ads, it’s time to up your game.