Founded in 2013, Consumer Acquisition provides an end-to-end solution for social advertising user acquisition, with fully-managed services or self-service platforms for ad management and creative optimization.
2006 – 2013
- Brian Bowman (CEO), Tom Young (CMO) and Brian Kanaga (CTO) began working together and would go on to manage over $250,000,000 in profitable ad spend across Google, Facebook and Bing.
Consumer Acquisition was founded as a Facebook fully-managed agency in April by Brian, and Tom joined him in June to help scale the business.
- We developed an unbeatable creative and bidding process for Facebook & Instagram mobile app advertising and lead generators while driving millions of leads and installs for top-ranked games and mobile apps.
- With an unbeatable process and a dissatisfaction with leading Facebook bid management technologies, we hired Brian Kanaga (CTO) to build the ideal Facebook advertising platform for mobile app installs.
- Consumer Acquisition transforms into a social ad technology company with the launch of AdRules.
- The AdRules self-service platform offers simple and powerful workflow automation that reduces manual tasks while following Facebook’s best practices, operating across desktop and mobile devices.
- Consumer Acquisition selected as a Facebook Marketing Partner with an Ad Technology specialty and an emphasis in the Gaming, Entertainment and Automotive verticals.
- Consumer Acquisition earns an Instagram Marketing Partner badge and expands into Facebook’s eCommerce vertical.
- January, 2017 we announced free access to AdRules Advanced Reporting platform to enhance the capabilities of Facebook’s Ad Manager and Power Editor.
- April, 2017 we announced a BETA Creative Marketplace for Facebook Advertising. It helps advertisers drive successful creative at scale. Advertisers receive fresh images and videos from our highly-trained editors and designers.
- August, 2017 we announced the public availability of our creative marketplace which delivers creative at scale to Facebook and Instagram advertisers. We’ve produced over 150,000 Facebook ads and spent over $200M in Facebook advertising studying what works. Our top advertisers know that maintaining profitable performance with Facebook ads requires a constant refresh of videos and images. With a short creative brief, advertisers receive fresh videos and images from our expert editors and designers, they choose which creatives to run and upload to Facebook.
- September, 2017 we announced the expansion of Ad Copy services within our Creative Marketplace that delivers creative at scale to Facebook and Instagram advertisers. With today’s news, Consumer Acquisition became the only Facebook Marketing Partner to offer a complete suite of services for advertisers to dynamically source videos, images, and ad copy in our creative marketplace.
- November, 2017 we announced that Google UAC become available as a channel in our Creative Marketplace. For the first time, advertisers can access high performance videos, images and ad copy from a unified creative marketplace that engages video editors, designers and ad copy writers for Facebook, Instagram and Google universal app campaign designs.
- February, 2018 we enhanced our Creative Marketplace with access to Shutterstock’s library of over 180 million images and videos, providing advertisers with fresh content and editing solutions to scale ad creative for Facebook and Google.
- March, 2018 we announce that Facebook & Google advertisers have received 300,000 videos and images from the Creative Marketplace. We celebrate with one free 10 second video for all new advertisers, free best practice audit on any Facebook ad account, free access to Shutterstock’s library of over 180 million images and videos and a free whitepaper, “Creative Ideas for Facebook Advertisers”.